At Greensboro Montessori School, we believe our youngest students are filled with potential, with ability and capability, and with the desire to do “big work.” As a Montessori school, we deeply respect the child, as we follow and guide them in their development.
We are a 45-year-old, toddler through junior high, American Montessori Society accredited, 232-student school that serves 39 toddler students ages 18 months to 3 years old in three different classrooms: 13 students each in a half-day program (8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.), academic-day program (8:15 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and all-day program (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.). Each classroom has age-appropriate, high-quality materials and work, is bathed in light, and has direct access to our toddler garden and play area. Our classes are joyful places for our students to work and play.
Our toddler teaching team is made up of nine faculty members. They pride themselves on working hard, on loving and empowering their students, and in helping their students build the foundation for future success at our School and throughout their lives. Because one of our toddler teachers is changing to another job within the School, we are seeking a new teacher to join our team. And because an ideal fit is so important to us, we are going to wait until we meet our new teammate before deciding in which room they will teach. Our team is open to adjusting their own teaching roles in order to allow us to find the very best educator for our students.
Most important to us is that our new teammate…
- … uses respectful language and a positive guidance approach with students;
- … is a team player who flexibly shares spaces and responsibilities;
- … can give children space to safely make and learn from their mistakes;
- … is able to respectfully have challenging conversations with colleagues and families;
- … will find daily joy in their work.
Some of our most important values for the Toddler division include:
- We believe toddlers are very capable people and that they deserve opportunities to contribute to the classroom in meaningful, real-life ways.
- We believe the classroom is the child’s sacred space, deserving of all our respect.
- We believe parent partnership and education is a critical component of our work, and one that enhances our students’ success both in and out of our classrooms.
- We believe children should be outside, as they explore and learn in nature.
- We believe children learn more from how we treat them, each other, and the environment than from what we tell them.
This position is 10-months long and will start in August of 2019. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and working in our summer camp program is also a welcome addition (possibly making it a 12-month position). If our values inspire you, and if you think you have what we’re looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please email a cover letter and résumé to Heather Goggin, our director of human resources.
Greensboro Montessori School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status with respect to recruitment, hiring, compensation, terms, conditions or privileges of employment.