Curriculum Meeting SurveyThank you for completing our Curriculum Meeting survey! If you attended a second or third Curriculum Meeting, please click the button below to take the survey again. Thank you for sharing the gift of your child!
Take the Survey Again
At Greensboro Montessori School, we view learning as a life-long pursuit which starts in the home. Therefore, we have tremendous respect for you, the parent, as the child’s first teacher and know your child’s learning is maximized when we work together and support one another in a true partnership.
The structure of each Montessori classroom, which is designed around the natural cycles of child development, helps us as parents and teachers form close relationships over a two to three-year time period. By their very nature, these relationships are highly personal, and they grow through mutual respect and trust because we share a common level of investment in your child’s success.
We encourage you take an active role in the life of our School to enhance your child’s overall experience. With the busy lifestyle of today’s families, we know this involvement takes different forms for different families and evolves over time.
We are here to support you along your journey of parenthood. We know that being a Montessori parent is not always easy. As we partner together, we invite you to…
- Engage in ongoing and regular dialogue about your child’s growth and development with your teachers
- Ask teachers and administrators essential, open-ended and collaborative questions like “how can we best support my child and her classroom community?”
- Attend parent conferences and educational programs at School
- Seek to understand and embrace Montessori philosophy, and where possible, incorporate the approach into your home environment and parenting style
- Observe Greensboro Montessori School policies and guidelines
- When possible, volunteer your time, energy and resources to support the School community
A Diverse Community of Families
The GMS Community is a wonderfully diverse group of people and families from all over the world who are drawn together by their common values in education and parenting. Throughout the year, classrooms will have occasions organized by the teachers and room parents where families can meet and get to know one another. Our school has a Community Association, known as the GMSCA, that helps parents connect with one another and form a bridge between home and school. That foundation of connection and support is critical to many of our families who do not have extended families living in the Triad. We look forward to helping you expand your network of friends at GMS!