Welcome to Greensboro Montessori School’s COVID-19 Resource Center. As you review the information we’ve provided on these webpages, we hope you quickly recognize our School’s top priority: the safety, health, and well-being of our students, families, faculty, and staff. While we are not medical experts, we know we play an important role in slowing the spread of disease to help our students have safe and healthy learning environments.
Our goal is to share as much information as we know in this Resource Center, including the process through which we are making decisions and the plans we have implemented to promote safety, health, and well-being. We follow guidelines from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 on campus. We also offer remote learning for students who remain fully enrolled and prefer to learn at home.
This Resource Center is organized in six sections:
- Decision Making | In March of 2020, Greensboro Montessori School formed a task force of administrators — the Pandemic Preparedness Committee (PPC) — who continue to closely monitor news, updates, and guidelines about the coronavirus, so Greensboro Montessori School is ready to put into place any needed responses.
- Academic Planning | Greensboro Montessori used scenario-based planning to prepare for 2020-21, which means we made concurrent plans for multiple operating models for the upcoming school year. This tab provides details on each of three possible operating models we may follow in 2020-21. At this time, we are operating under Greensboro Montessori School’s Plan A which offers in-person learning for all enrolled students. During Plan A, we also offer concurrent remote learning for students who are required to go home for sickness or to quarantine per guidelines set forth by NC DHHS. It is also available for families who remain fully enrolled but prefer their children continue to learn from home.
- Health and Safety | The safety, health, and well-being of our students, families, and faculty are always our top priority. As a school, we follow guidance from the CDC and NC DHHS to safely open and operate both our main campus on Horse Pen Creek Road in Greensboro and our 37-acre satellite campus in Oak Ridge.
- Our School | Maintaining our commitment to our vision, mission, and Montessori values — no matter where we’re learning — is of great importance to our community. Follow this tab to learn more about our school community.
- Contact Us | If you’d like to start a conversation about whether Greensboro Montessori School might be a good educational partner for your family, please contact us. We are thrilled you’re interested in our school community and look forward to meeting you.
While the circumstances of COVID-19 are obviously not ideal and the logistical, health, and financial challenges facing everyone in our community are very real, Greensboro Montessori School remains committed to providing the very best for our students, families, and faculty.
Our team welcomes questions about our School or our plans for 2020-21. Feel free to reach out to me or our director of admission, Rhea Ebgert. Rhea can be reached via email or telephone at 336-668-0119. We look forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Kevin Navarro
Head of School