Welcome to Greensboro Montessori School! So you can quickly get to know us better, we’ve provided a snapshot of our School for your easy viewing and reading; however, nothing compares to visiting Greensboro Montessori School. We hope our thriving learning community is the right fit for your family and that we have the opportunity to serve you.
- Mission Statement: We nurture and challenge students to develop the skills and courage they need to unleash their full potential.
- Established: 1974
- Governance: Nonprofit organization governed by a 13-member board of trustees
- Educational Accreditation: Accreditation is a quality assurance process under which independent schools are reviewed by an objective third-party to evaluate if specific standards are met (e.g., curriculum, operations, governance, safety, etc.). The school receives accreditation from the appropriate agency only if these standards are met. Greensboro Montessori School is the only triply accredited Montessori School in the Triad, with accreditations from the:
- Ages Served: Toddlers (18 months old) through ninth grade (15 years old)
- Cultures Represented: Over 20 languages spoken in the homes of our families
- Enrollment: 232 students
- Faculty and Staff: 63 full- and part-time administrators and educators
- School Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. which includes extended care (before- and after-school hours)
- Tuition: Ranges from $9,372 to 18,108
- Financial Assistance: 25% of our eligible student population receives financial assistance
- Cultural Education: computer science, Spanish, environmental education, world music, visual art, physical education, library studies, and performance and production
- Summer Programs: Seven-week Summer Camp offered for toddlers through sixth grade; plus a variety of themed camps also available
- Technology: 80+ iPads for student use; the Upper School (grades four through nine) has four Smart Boards for classroom use and group presentations; educators and administrators use MacBooks
- Athletics: Upper School students compete in the Independent School League in five sports: soccer, flag football, volleyball, basketball and cross country
For a more visual representation of our School, take a glimpse at campus life by visiting our Instagram Page, or if you’re ready to apply, please visit our Admissions page to learn more about the application process. We are thrilled you’re interested in Greensboro Montessori School and look forward to meeting you.