Education is the single best investment you can make for your child. We understand that for many families, giving your child the gift of an authentic Montessori education involves planning, prioritizing and, sometimes, making tough financial choices. We also believe deeply in protecting the socio-economic diversity that we have at our School, and have multiple tools to assist families who are experiencing financial hardship or could not otherwise afford our tuition. Our approach to affordability is also rooted in our strong desire and commitment to building the sense of community and the culture of partnership at Greensboro Montessori School.
If you are unsure whether your family would qualify for assistance, but you know that paying tuition is an uncomfortable stretch, please consider the following programs and choices.
- All North Carolina students in kindergarten through 12th grade will be eligible to receive an Opportunity Scholarship regardless of income.
- For the 2024-25 school year, scholarship amounts will range from $3,360 to $7,468.
- Prior public school enrollment is no longer a requirement for eligibility for the scholarship. Students currently enrolled at Greensboro Montessori School or other nonpublic schools in North Carolina, regardless of grade, will now be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Scholarship amounts will be awarded based on household income to the extent funds remain available.
Our Financial Assistance Program is a need-based program, which makes financial assistance available to families who cannot otherwise afford our tuition. Financial assistance is reviewed and granted on an annual basis and is available to students enrolling in kindergarten through ninth grade. Additionally, Greensboro Montessori School bases awards on a family’s ability to afford tuition only. Before- and after-school care expenses (the cost of All-Inclusive CASA and Early-Bird CASA), as well as other expenses outside tuition, are not included.
During the current school year, Greensboro Montessori School offered more than $500,000 in need-based tuition assistance to over 37% of our K-9 student population. If you are unsure whether your family would qualify for Financial Assistance, but you know that paying tuition is an uncomfortable stretch, please consider applying.
For families who choose to apply, we request they prioritize educational costs after necessary living expenses. As such, we use an independent and impartial third-party agency to determine a recommendation for an expected family contribution. We also encourage families to include a Family Letter describing individual circumstances impacting their situation and resources in the online application. When there are dramatic changes in a family’s financial situation due to a significant setback, we work as hard as possible for the child to remain at our School.
To apply for Financial Assistance as a returning family:
- Complete a Notice of Application for Financial Assistance by March 1.
- Complete the online application through FAST by March 15.
- Submit completed tax forms to FAST by March 22.
- Complete the application process by March 15. (The application process is complete once you have 1) attended a virtual information session or toured the school; 2) submitted your written application, including all supporting documents; and 3) attended your family and student visits. Kindly note, awards are only offered students who are offered admission to Greensboro Montessori School.
- Complete the online application through FAST by April 1.
- Submit completed tax forms to FAST by April 8.
Greensboro Montessori School offers three payment plans to meet families’ cash flow needs:
- Payment due in full in June.
- Payment due in four quarterly installments in June, September, December, and March.
- Payment due in 12 installments due monthly from June through May.
For families who want to bundle annual tuition with other program fees – such as summer program fees and Extended Care fees – we also build custom payment schedules outside these plans.