In preparation for hazardous weather conditions, Greensboro Montessori School has specific inclement weather procedures for notifying our families about resulting closings, delays and early dismissals. When dangerous weather threatens our area, it is the responsibility of the Head of School to decide if the School should remain operational. In the event of a closing or delayed opening, the School will communicate the decision with parents no later than 6:30 a.m. on the affected day. Additionally, the School will communicate the message in four ways (the same four ways will also be used for early dismissal announcements):
- Email: We will send an email using Constant Contact. This method of communication will always provide the most detailed information for closings, delays and early dismissals (along with resulting changes to classroom schedules), so we highly encourage families to check their inboxes first whenever inclement weather is in the area.
- Facebook: We will post to our Facebook page.
- TV: We will notify the following local television stations:
- ABC - WXLV ABC 45
- CBS - WFMY News 2
- FOX - WGHP FOX8
- NBC - WXII 12
- TWC - Time Warner Cable News
- Phone: We will update our Inclement Weather Hotline which can be reached at 336-907-3866.
Please also note:
- No announcement means School is operating on a normal schedule.
- Closures apply to all programs in the School. Hence, when the School is closed, our All-Inclusive CASA program and our All-Day Toddler program are also closed.
- When operating on a delayed opening or early dismissal, our CASA program will not be available and our All-Day Toddler classroom will operate on a modified schedule. The weather-related email we send will detail exactly when all classrooms will open and close.
- We will do our due diligence in checking the roadways and consulting with neighboring schools on their decisions to delay, close or dismiss early. However, parents should use their own judgment to determine whether transporting their children to and from school is safe. Parents are always welcome to miss school or pick up their children early if they feel driving conditions are unsafe.